DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Newest Addition

16Aug13-05

This month we added the newest member to our family.  Our little baby boy, C.  With this pregnancy I had lots of back and nerve pain, and generally couldn’t wait to have him in our arms.  I chose to be induced on his due date…mostly due to the fact I couldn’t stand being pregnant anymore and partly because school was going to be starting soon for the two oldest kids.  Here is a break down of the day:

*6:30 am: call in, L&D  too busy call back at 7:30 am

*7:20 am: L&D calls saying they are ready for us.

*8:00 am: Drop kids off at grandparents, B is clinging and sad that we are leaving, makes me cry.

*8:20 am: Checked in, getting all the paperwork and everything ready.

*8:45 am: Nurse tries 2 times unsuccessfully to start IV, has charge nurse come do it…meanwhile I have oxygen and still head towards passing out.

*9:00 am: Dr. gives the thumbs up to start Pitocin.

*12:30 pm: Little progress, but Dr. breaks water.

*2:00 pm: Much more progress, call in Dr.

Lets just skip to the end.  He was born about 1 1/2 hour later, with a beautiful full head of long dark hair and perfect. 16Aug13-28

He was over 8lbs., and 21 inches. As for me, I met my goal of no epidural and was soooo grateful to be done! I had different nurses over the time in the hospital, when someone asked if this was my first, I would reply, “No, this is number 4.”  But each time I was asked and gave my answer it was really setting in…I have 4 kids! Wow!! Love each of them and wouldn’t change a single thing.

The grandparents brought the other kids in to see their new brother. 16Aug13-13

B did great, she was excited to see him, K just wanted to sit and hold him the entire time she was there and every time she visited. 17Aug13-16

The kids spent some of the time with us at the hospital but mostly at their grandparents house…so thankful for all of their help! C is the perfect addition to our family and we are absolutely in love!!16Aug13-31

No comments: